Building Permits - Commercial

A city license is only required for sign contractors.

Plan Review Submission Requirements

Special Structural Testing

Tents and Canopies

Permit Applications

Fees & Payment Information

Sewer Availability Charges (SAC)

A letter from the Metropolitan Council Environmental Services assigning the number of Sewer Availability Charge (SAC) units to the building is required on all commercial projects. Contact the Met Council at 651-602-1378 or on their website

Sign Permits

Information on temporary and permanent signs can be found online or by contacting the Planning Department at 763-767-6430.